Friday, November 2, 2007

Wellington: City to Sea

I have just finished Wellington's City-to-Sea walk, running from Wellington to Island Bay. It involved three hours of walking, much of that up hills and down. It also involved gorgeous views and wonderful solitude, a welcome change from hostel life.

It was lent a bit of excitement, as on the radio today I heard the words "drizzle" and "afternoon" used in the same sentence, though I'm not sure the exact phrasing. The clouds began rolling in about halfway through my walk, which made me start to worry. However, as I write this (sitting in a fish and chips shop), the weather remains sunny.

If it stays clear, I hope to go to the observatory tonight. The main observatory is closed for refurbishment, but there are two others located in Wellington Botanical Gardens, which are just a short walk from my hostel. Otherwise, I'll find something else to do, probably involving reading.

No comments: